- Women with large labia may experience personal hygiene issues, pain during intercourse and may feel discomfort when wearing tight-fitting clothing.
- Some women may feel their labia are un-attractive and desire a more pleasing, youthful appearance.
- Others may wish to enhance their sexual experiences by removing some excess labial skin.
The purpose of a labiaplasty is to better define the inner labia. Additionally, the urethral opening may be redefined, and if necessary, improvements to the vagina may also be made.
A labiaplasty procedure trims the inner vaginal lips and removes excess skin, resulting in a more pleasing labial appearance.
Labiaplasty is an outpatient procedure which takes approximately one to two hours and is usually performed under local anesthesia.
Following labiaplasty, women may experience mild swelling and discomfort, which usually disappears completely in about two weeks. Labial incisions usually heal nicely and are rarely noticeable.
You should be able to resume your normal activities, including returning to work, in three to five days.
This procedure may be for you if:
- You dislike the size or shape of your labia
- You experience pain, embarrassment or sexual dysfunction because your labia are over-sized or asymmetrical
- This condition is affecting the quality of your life
- You are in general good health
Something to consider: Cosmetic surgery changes the aesthetics of essentially normal anatomy.
Reconstructive surgery improves the function of a body part.
If you are considering a labiaplasty procedure, call our offices for a consultation appointment with Dr. Kelly.
We look forward to meeting with you and addressing your concerns, call us today (801)987-8653.