Your eyes are one of the first things people notice about you. But good old Father Time, gravity, exposure to the sun and heredity can combine to cause the lids of your eyes to sag and have that droopy, aging look.
One of the major reasons people consider “eyelid surgery” (blepharoplasty), is their drooping, sagging eyelids. Want to know more? Read on. A blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure which tightens and removes excess upper eyelid skin, muscle and sometimes fat for a more youthful, alert appearance. At Revivology, the procedure also focuses on the outer edges of the eye.As a wonderful side benefit, a blepharoplasty may also improve your vision by providing a less obstructed field of vision once your drooping eyelids are improved.
Do you need it? The answer is “yes” if:
- You have loose skin which hangs down from your eyelids and covers your lashes
- You have excess skin which covers the natural fold of your eyelids
- Your lids appear puffy, making you look tired
Your eye lid surgery will be done by Dr. Christopher Kelly as an outpatient procedure in our office where every precaution will be taken for your comfort and safety.
- During the procedure, small incisions are made in the natural crease of your upper eyelid. Excess skin and fat are removed and the incision is closed.
- Following your surgery, expect your eyes to be swollen and bruised. You may also experience some pain and blurred vision. It is important to keep your head upright. Applying ice packs to your face can soothe the pain and control any inflammation.
- You will be given pain medications an antibiotic ointment to prevent infection.
- Heavy exercise is not recommended for several weeks after surgery. Walking is recommended in the early phase of your recovery…but take it easy. No brisk, workout-type walking even though you may be accustomed to it. Avoid exercises that require you to bend over, such as yoga, and avoid lifting heavy weights for up to three weeks.
Call Revivology, today, for a consultation appointment with Dr. Kelly. This is the perfect time of year to refresh your amazing eyes: (801)987-8653.